Getting the recommended daily servings of veggies can be a challenge when your time is limited. Getting a picky toddler to eat green veggies at all can be even harder. The solution? Kale Chips!!! This simple and delicious snack turns anyone into a veggie lover. Theses chips are super easy to make and extremely versatile. You can play with the seasonings to create different flavors. Eat them as a snack or use them as a topper on your favorite soup or buddha bowl. The crunchy texture entices even the pickiest of eaters. Don’t take my word for it! Follow the recipe below to whip up your own batch.
What You’ll Need
Fresh kale (Tuscan and Lacinato kale varieties yield a super crunchy chip)
Grapeseed or Avocado Oil (or other oil with high smoke point)
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and cover with a thin layer of fresh kale.
- Drizzle oil over kale and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Gently massage the kale to coat evenly with seasonings.
- Roast the kale for 9-11 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @maternallyspeaking on Instagram!